The Football Association of Malaysia’s (FAM) disciplinary committee has suspended the player for five matches, and charged him with a RM 2,500 fine on Thursday.
BY DAYANG Z. Follow on Twitter
Terengganu striker, Norshahrul Idlan Talaha was given the red card in a Malaysia Cup match against Kedah at the Darul Aman Stadium on 18 September.
It was after he deliberately stepped on an opponent with his studs, he was sent off immediately.
Following this incident, the Football Association of Malaysia’s (FAM) disciplinary committee, held a meeting and came to an agreement on Thursday to punish the player for violating ‘Article 50.1 (d) of the FAM Disciplinary Code 2015′ read in conjunction with ‘Article 18 para 4 of the FAM Disciplinary Code 2015’.
The Malaysian international will face:
- A five-match suspension that includes
- Malaysia Cup 2015, LionsXII vs Terengganu on 26th September at the Jalan Besar Stadium, Singapore (automatic suspension);
- Malaysia Cup 2015, Terengganu vs Kedah on 17th October 2015 at the Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin Stadium, Gong Badak;
- Malaysia Cup 2015, Johor Darul Ta’zim II vs Terengganu at the Pasir Gudang Stadium on 27th October;
- Malaysia Cup 2015, Terengganu vs LionsXII at the Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin Stadium, Gong Badak on 31st October; and
- one (1) more suspended match, after the final match as mentioned above [refering to ‘Article 40 of the FAM Disciplinary Code 2015’]
- A RM 2, 500 fine.
Terengganu are currently at the bottom of Group A in the Malaysia Cup with only one point after three matches.